The O’Riley’s 26.2
We know that 26.2 sounds like a daunting distance but after all, it’s only 26.2 FEET. The race is limited to 262 people. If you are lucky enough to snag a spot you’ll receive all the great amenities of a Run Pensacola event: race shirt, pre/post race food & drinks, finishers medal, a 26.2 race sticker, closed off course and race bibs. We’re instituting a brand new staggered “flip cup start process” The race will start at 2:62pm, that’s 3:02pm and with a later start means new PRE-RACE party!
– Race Date: Saturday Aug 13, 2022
– Location: O’Riley’s Uptown Tavern. 3728 Creighton Rd. Pensacola FL 32504
– Start Time: 2:62 pm (3:02pm)
– Distance: 26.2 ft
– Awards: Winning team will receive 2021 O’Riley’s 26.2 branded pint glasses to be used throughout the year for beer specials
– Staggered start process: Participants will be divided up into 4 teams at packet pick up and will line up according to their bib number in assigned team color. Once the start cannon goes off participants with the race bib #1 will start the flip-cup Start process. Each team will have a cup that members (ascending from bib #1) will have to from a standing position to a upside down standing position before whey will be allowed to start. As soon as the lower number participant completes a successful flip the next highest number will begin their flip. The winning team will be one who’s final participant completes the proper flip of the cup and crosses the finish line first.
– Costume Contest: to be awarded by announcer at event venue
– Age requirement: 21+ Only